if i’d known
if i’d been shown
if i had not flown..
the night is bright
with aliens alight
our time is come
all is not as it seems to be
i would flee
this dying planet
i walk the line
I walk the line
I always have trouble remembering the proper way to redirect my www.craigryder.com to craigryder.com so in the spirit of me posting stuff here so I won’t forget it, here it is.
Redirect www to non-www:
RewriteCond % ^www.yourdomain.com [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://yourdomain.com/$1 [L,R=301
Redirect non-www to www:
RewriteCond % ^yourdomain.com [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.yourdomain.com/$1 [L,R=301]
It is important to understand that there is a difference to the search engines between http://craigryder.com and http://www.craigryder.com . I will go into this more later or if anyone requests more info.
Oops.. Last night facialbook.net crashed and should be back up in a day or two. Well, it will be back up in a day or 2. Sorry for the inconvenience.
OK, Still down-ish.. almost going to start fresh then import the userbase again.. meh.. if anyone reads this tell them rest.. hehe
Things just got a whole lot more complex around here.. I’ve added a social element to the blog using Buddypress. Am working on the avatar issue and generally tweaking things, so please let me know if any functionality is affected..
Here is an interesting thought on what I believe to be a common rule/law in NLP and such.. it rings that bell anyways.. following that is a list that I found amusing and bang on..;) Thanks to Mussie Shore for being part of the google friend connect demo..;)
seven +/- two
Seven, plus or minus two, is the magical range of elements that humans can easily recall. There is an extreme inflection point in the tenth element which yields a collection or pattern which is significantly more difficult to synthesize.
And so this site offers seven +/- two topics. The site will change seven +/- two times a year or, once every seven +/- two years.
– Mussie –
Seven +/- two , non-exhaustive considerations:
- One good designer will design a better product than three great designers who can’t agree.
- A diverse team, aligned through debate will make an even better product.
- You are not done, until you have removed everything possible.
- Adding unneeded features is an aggressive act of reverse vandalism.
- Icons are meant to be recognized, not read.
- Always ask, “what would possess a user to know what they should do next”?
- Happy teams make happy designs. The converse is also true.
- At the end of the day – there are things that need to be created & manipulated, collections of things which need to be located & shared. That is all.
- Screen real estate belongs to the user – not the designer. So be polite.